Planning to move? Contact Elite Moving and Storage today on (888) 693-9080. Elite are the top Westwood movers. Head over to our specials page at this link to learn more
Elite Moving and Storage has been serving customers for over a generation. We understand the importance of keeping your belongings safe, and have the track record to prove that we’ll complete your move flawlessly.
In summary, here’s why you should choose Elite:
- Reliability: A reliable staff that you can trust and work with.
- Punctuality: You can trust us to be at your home on time, and work with the utmost ethics
- Flexibility: We are always willing and happy to accommodate you for any special request you may have.
Do I Need to Purchase Packing Supplies if I’m Hiring Movers?
Yes, you’ll need to purchase several things and have them on hand to protect your belongings throughout the process of relocating. Many of the things you need can be found for free, while others are low-cost. Bear in mind that if you’re trying to save money on supplies or increase your efficiency, we can pack your belongings for you and cut the cost of your supplies in half.
- Boxes or Bins- Storage bins are very durable, as well as easy to move, and they are stackable. However, they can be expensive. We can drop off cardboard boxes for you in advance or you can find your own through another source. If you opt to use free boxes from a grocery store or other venue, be sure that the boxes haven’t been used for food, as they can attract pests, and that they’re still sturdy. Always plan to have more boxes on hand than you think you’ll need.
- Packing Tape – It’s always good to keep an extra roll or two on hand to improve efficiency. Always make sure you have enough.
- Filling Material – Boxes need to be full so contents don’t shift, but don’t overfill them or make them too heavy. Filling material like packing peanuts, crumpled newspaper, or old rags can fill up the empty spaces nicely so that your belongings stay secure and you don’t injure yourself while carrying them.
- Padding – Fragile items, whether large or small, often need a coating of foam wrap or bubble wrap for protection. This is true regardless of whether the item is boxed or on its own.
- Plastic Wrap – Wraps can be used to keep items clean and prevent doors and drawers from opening in transit.
- Labeling Products- Markers, colored stickers, and other materials should be used to help identify what’s in boxes and where your Los Angeles movers should place them at the new location.
Is it Expensive to Hire Movers?
The cost of a move depends on a few key variables. The most critical is the time it will take to complete the move. This is largely dependent on how many moving staff complete the move, as well as the number of rooms in your home.
The second key variable is the kind of move you require: is it local? Somewhere else in the US? Outside of the US? Residential? Commercial?
When you are thinking about scheduling, it’s important to note that you might be charged extra fees by moving companies to move on weekends or holidays (we don’t do that). Other companies will increase your bill if you have stairs, or if the items you are moving are worth substantial amounts of money.
We would be delighted to visit your home to give you a complete and accurate estimate
We provide services to all of Westwood, including:
Call us today at (888) 693-9080 to start your move